The world according to Andy

Monday, August 07, 2006

On Ilkley Moor Baht'at

I've just come back from a week's holiday in a nice cottage near Ilkley Moor in West Yorkshire. The cottage looked like this...

I spent a lot of my week relaxing in the hot tub and that looked like this...
We did do some other stuff besides that. I did take some cloud pictures that I'll stick up at some point. I do like Yorkshire, I don't really know why, just makes me feel good when I'm there. It's certainly got some great views...
I had a really great time and forgot about everything for a week. I think everyone needs that once in a while. I did spot one funny story in the news while I was away; well I thought it was funny. It was about the guard dog that destroyed Elvis's teddy bear. You can go and read the full story here. Basically, a guard dog at Wookey Hole Caves in Somerset went on a teddy-destroying rampage. The quote from the General Manager there was priceless "About 100 bears were caught up in this frenzied attack, some were merely little chews, whereas some of them had some quite devastating injuries." I wonder if that guy has ever considered a career in war reporting, I reckon he'd be rather good. I couldn't help but laugh.

PS
"On Ilkley Moor Baht 'at" is a Yorkshire song meaning "On Ilkley Moor without a hat", you can go and find out all about it here. :-)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home